The Japanese diet is quite simple, but very effective. In seven days you can easily shed 4-5 extra pounds, and in 2 weeks you can shed all 8. After that, if you rethink your approach to nutrition, using the main principles of the "Japanese woman" as a basis, you can be sure that the weight will be gone forever. . . Can't such a result be the most attractive of such a short term dietary restriction, and how many other diets can boast of the same results?
When you hear the phrase "Japanese diet", you think of many rice dishes with soy, seafood, sushi and always green tea. And they are wrong, because although this diet is based on the eating habits of the residents of Japan, it is only linked to them by the presence in the diet of green tea, fish and eggs, the absence of pastries and sweets, as well as small portions of food. The "Japanese woman" does not offer exotic dishes and products, which is undoubtedly an advantage of this nutritional system, which excludes allergic reactions, the long search for necessary ingredients in shops.
Renowned nutritionist and consultant, author of the bestseller "Japanese women don't get fat or old" Naomi Moriyama combines the longevity and health of her compatriots with small portions of food consumption in her home country, lower calorie and food consumption compared to other nations high in carbohydrates. The secret of the Japanese diet lies precisely in a noticeable reduction in carbohydrate intake and at the same time an increase in the amount of protein in the diet. As a result, your metabolism gradually changes, recently accumulated fat is burned quickly, and the possibility of further weight gain is virtually eliminated thanks to a carefully designed low-calorie menu.
If, during the diet, your body begins to react negatively to a decrease in the carbohydrates in the diet with increased tiredness, muscle weakness, dizziness or chills, you should stop the diet immediately and consult a doctor.
The Japanese diet limits the intake of carbohydrates, which the body gets exclusively from vegetables and rye bread. Fats are found in meat, fish and olive oil, which is recommended as a dressing for vegetables and for cooking meat dishes. The basis of the "Japanese woman" are high-protein chicken eggs, dietary chickens, lean beef, fish and dairy products. Fruits rich in fiber help regulate bowel function and cleanse the body of harmful substances. Green tea and coffee are rich in antioxidants, water energizes and puts you in a good mood, helps the kidneys and gastrointestinal tract to work efficiently, and has a general beneficial effect on the body. As you can see, such a food system contains all the nutrients a person needs, despite the prohibition of some products and the limitation of the amount of food.
Basic rules for losing weight in the Japanese diet
The Japanese's secret of success lies in the strict adherence to her menu and rules:
- Drink as much fluids as possible, 1. 5-2 liters of water a day.
- Eat strictly according to the menu.
- Avoid sugar and salt for the duration of the diet. Drinking liquids helps protect the body from dehydration on a salt-free diet.
- Do not use sauces and spices when preparing food. During the diet, taste buds should be completely cleared.
- Do not snack between meals. Drinking water.
- Do not allow yourself anything starchy or fried during the diet. Semi-finished products, ready meals and all sweet yogurts, cottage cheese and cream are also prohibited.
- Don't drink alcohol until you've finished your diet.
- Drink a glass of warm water right after you wake up every morning. This improves metabolism and removes toxins from the body.
- Dinner should be a few hours before bedtime.
- If desired, this diet can only be resumed after a year, because despite all the simplicity and prudence, this type of diet can damage the metabolism if used for longer or more often.
Preparing for the Japanese Diet
Before starting to adhere to "Japanese" it is necessary to prepare the body so that such a change in diet does not become stressful for it. Start limiting your consumption of salty and sweet foods for 5-7 days, include more rice dishes and fresh vegetable salads in your daily diet. And drink more water!
You have to psychologically adjust to such a strict two-week diet restriction. There will only be 3 meals a day, the time in between will be longer. You have to do without the usual snacks and replace them with water. You need to be prepared for that too. When you wake up you feel very hungry, so a glass of water in the morning is not only good for digestion but also helps manage the stress of an under-filling breakfast.
"Japanese" is a low-calorie diet, so it can't hurt to consult a doctor before committing to it.
Get out of the Japanese diet
Those who are satisfied with the numbers on the scales after the end of the first week of "Japanese Women" can gradually get out and gradually add familiar foods to their diet. If you are willing to persevere every 14 days, you should be patient and continue to clearly follow the menu.
Exiting the diet also has a number of rules:
- Just add one new food each day.
- Try not to increase the amount you eat. It won't be too difficult because as you diet your body gets used to consuming less.
- Different salinities, marinades and sauces can be introduced a few weeks after the "Japanese".
This two-week diet is very popular around the world. Her fans note excellent results and, with the right approach to their diet, after leaving the Japanese diet, promise to keep their weight for several years.